Fehrings in the bush

Funny, touching, bizarre everyday-life tales of a Brazilian-German expat family living in South Africa .................... Historias engracadas, bizarras, tocantes sobre a rotina de uma familia Teuto-Brasileira expatriada morando na Africa do Sul.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Leblon

I opened my business, Leblon, a home decor shop last July, more precisely on the 26th. It is a small place in Parkhurst, a vilage-like neighborhood in Johannesburg's northern suburbs.

The shop itself is in a cottage in a large property (with 2 other shops) on Parkhurst's 4th avenue, one of the only streets where one can actually walk on in Joburg. It is a friendly place, full of restaurants and a laid-back area, where Paul Smith recently opened his 2nd shop in SA (1st one is in Cape Town) - and brought us lots of business.

We sell ceramics from Brazil, fabric from South Africa (really funky ones), candles galore, more ceramics from the Free State (SA), exclusive table lamps from the UK, beautiful glass from Rio's Candle Design store and some other bits and pieces.

This year we'll have some beautiful lamps from Israel (discovered in my Kabbalah trip last Sep), some amazing 50's and 70's-style revamped chairs (found in antique shops and redone with my funky fabrics), some pieces of furniture and some other merchandise from Vietnam, India, France and Holland.

I also plan to start doing some small decoration projects - my real passion.

My first one - fingers crossed - might be a friend's lodge in Namibia. (We spoke about it in an alcohol-fueled night out and I am not sure if he still remembers it. I certainly do.)

Wish me luck - I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Best of luck to you...

10:37 PM  
Blogger Nanda said...

Obrigada, Gui querido! Beijao

12:13 AM  
Blogger Beatriz Belliard said...

Boa sorte Nanda ! Aposto que ja faz sucesso ! E vc esta lindissima ! grande beijo

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home